|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
|Click for Terra Sans Pave - 2015!|
Terra Sans Pave - Linne WoodsEarthbound Races in Unpaved Places!
Prepare for primordial running, through forested trail and over green fields, full of fun & adventure but void of pavement.
Please join us for this late-summer version of Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods, Saturday September 13, 2014. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration is open... click the "Registration" tab above to submit yours!
- your choice between our race distance of 8 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 4 kilometers.
- space for 200 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 200 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants within both events.
- terrific moisture-wicking tech race shirts for all registered runners and volunteers.
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants.
- awards in both events for top-three overall, top-three masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes.
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with a with well-stocked aid station at the start / finish area.
- afterward... join us for our post-race cookout with fun and surprises for all.
- our racecourse is preapproved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County: permit approved!
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods, Start / Finish area:
Linne Woods, Grove #2
6308 Dempster St, Morton Grove, IL 60053
GPS: 42.041010, -87.784550
(approximately 17 miles northwest of downtown Chicago)
Note: Ample parking is available at Linne Woods grove, which is on the north side of Dempster St. For safety, we recommend that you approach Linne Woods grove while traveling a westerly direction on Dempster Street, then make a right turn into the parking lot.
Our Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods race takes place entirely within FPDCC Region 4, nearby the North Branch Trail system of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, in Morton Grove. Linne Woods, Grove #2 pavilion serves as race start / finish area and our aid station.
Our Terra Sans Pave race is ideal for first-time trail runners and those looking to post a fast time for "shorter" trail racing. A variety of surfaces make up our Terra Sans Pave racecourse... crushed gravel and wood-chip paths comprise about 85% of the course, with sections traversing grassy fields. You'll cross two bridges on each lap, and even run along the river bank. There are no man-made obstacles, nor river crossings but conditions may be muddy especially with rainy weather in the week leading up to race day. Expect mostly smooth, non-technical running with slightly rolling hills. Each lap is 4 kilometers (~2.485 miles) in length.
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods
Our Our Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods race is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||July 6th, 2014 10:56 am|
|Last Update:||August 11th, 2014 3:50 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Terra 8-Km||8.00||Kilometers||Sep 13th, 2014||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 4-Km||4.00||Kilometers||Sep 13th, 2014||9:00 am|
| ||Terra Volunteer||4.00||Hours||Sep 13th, 2014||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomfirstname.lastname@example.org||312 316-4698|