|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsDevonian Fall
Fall Season Paleo-Dev 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos Trail System within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Region 6. We've charted another stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our fall version of Paleozoic Trail Runs : Paleozoic-Devonian, Saturday November 15, 2014. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration is open... click the "Registration" tab above to submit yours!
- your choice between our ultra distance of 50 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 25 kilometers
- space for 150 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 150 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events... it's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : )
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants
- finisher awards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize"
- awards in both events for top overall, top masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes
- special commemorative awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants)
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations occruing at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus unmanned station midpoint of course
- our course is approved by the Cook County Forest Preserve (permit
pending approved) and will be policed at its road crossings
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Fall, Start / Finish area:
Pioneer Woods, Grove #2
10198 W 107th St
Willow Springs, IL 60480
GPS: 41.695729, -87.868920
(approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago)
Our fall version Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Dev takes place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Pioneer Woods, Grove #2 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
A variety of surfaces make up our Paleo-Dev racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 75% of the course. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. These non-crushed gravel sections can be moderately rocky with the occasional stray root. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our course should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station at midpoint of our course. There will be two (2) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Fall
Our Paleozoic Trail Runs is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Fall
Top Male and Female Awards, Overall and MastersFeeling particularly chipper this fall? If so... come, run fast and collect your one-of-a-kind Devonian Fall top runner award!
|Posted:||May 24th, 2014 10:51 pm|
|Last Update:||November 14th, 2014 11:13 am|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Dev 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Nov 15th, 2014||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Dev 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Nov 15th, 2014||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Dev Race Volunteer||8.00||Hours||Nov 15th, 2014||7:30 am|