|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
|Attention... an updated or future version of this listing may exist. Click for more info: Terra Sans Pave - 2016|
|Race Name:||Terra Sans Pave - Blue Star|
|Date:||Saturday September 19th, 2015 - 9:00 am|
|Location:||Forest Preserve, Blue Star Memorial Woods Grove #2 - Glenview|
|State:||Illinois, United States|
|Website:||RunRace.net/terra Go there or Go there in new browser|
|Click for Terra Sans Pave - 2016!|
Terra Sans Pave - Blue StarEarthbound Races in Unpaved Places!
Prepare for primordial running, through forested trail and over green fields, full of fun & adventure but moslty void of pavement.
Please join us for our second annual summer version of Terra Sans Pave - Blue Star, Saturday September 19, 2015. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration will open on Friday April 17th 2015, here on our RunRace Network!
- your choice between our race distance of 8 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 4 kilometers.
- new for 2015... our 10-mile big lizard race distance.
- space for 100 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 100 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants within all events.
- terrific moisture-wicking tech race shirts for all registered runners and volunteers.
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants.
- awards in all three events for top-three male & female finishers.
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with a with well-stocked aid station at the start / finish area.
- afterward... join us for our post-race cookout with fun and surprises for all.
- our racecourse is preapproved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County: permit approved!
Terra Sans Pave - Blue Star, Start / Finish area:
Blue Star Memorial Woods, Grove #2
777 E Lake Ave, Glenview, IL 60025
GPS: 42.079700, -87.776077
(approximately 19 miles northwest of downtown Chicago)
Note: Ample parking is available at Blue Star Memorial Woods grove, which is on the south side of Lake Ave.
Our Terra Sans Pave - Blue Star race takes place entirely within Region 4: North Cook County, nearby the North Branch Trail system of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, in Glenview. Blue Star Memorial Woods, Grove #2 pavilion serves as race start / finish area and our aid station.
Our Terra Sans Pave race is ideal for first-time trail runners and those looking to post a fast time for "shorter-distance trail racing." A variety of surfaces make up our Terra Sans Pave racecourse... crushed gravel and paved trail paths comprise about 80% of the course, with sections traversing grassy fields. You'll cross two trail-bridges on each lap, and may even catch glimpses of the North Branch of the Chicago River. There are no man-made obstacles, nor river crossings but conditions may be muddy especially with rainy weather in the week leading up to race day. Expect mostly smooth, non-technical running with slightly rolling hills. Each lap is 4 kilometers (~2.485 miles) in length.
Terra Sans Pave - Blue Star
Our Terra Sans Pave - Blue Star race is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||April 14th, 2015 1:23 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Terra 10-Mile||10.00||Miles||Sep 19th, 2015||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 8-Km||8.00||Kilometers||Sep 19th, 2015||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 4-Km||4.00||Kilometers||Sep 19th, 2015||9:00 am|
| ||Terra Volunteer||4.00||Hours||Sep 19th, 2015||8:00 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698|