|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
|Attention... an updated or future version of this listing may exist. Click for more info: Terra Sans Pave - 2018|
Terra Sans Pave - Linne WoodsEarthbound Races in Unpaved Places!
Friday September 8th - 8:45 am CDT
Race week is upon us and we're looking forward to seeing all Terra runners this Saturday on the trails of Linne Woods! Participant check in, and packet pick up will take place from 7:00 am to 8:45 am at our race start/finish location at Grove #2 (see map below). Parking is nearby, within steps of our start/finish pavilion. Please watch for our "race alert email," which will blast to all participants at 8:00 pm later today, and will include race-day details, rules of competition, and updated trail conditions.
Prepare for primordial running, through forested trail and over green fields, full of fun & adventure but moslty void of pavement.
Please join us for our fourth annual summer version of Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods, Saturday September 9, 2017. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration opens on March 20th and lasts through 6:00 pm on Friday the day before race day, here on our RunRace Network. Due to permit restrictions we cannot offer race-day registration.
- Your choice between our traditional event distances of Big Lizard 10 Mile, 8 Kilometers, or a one-lap tour of 4 Kilometers.
- Returning for 2017... our Terathlon 8-Hour option for ultra-trail runners with a 7:30 am starting time.
- Space for 150 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 150 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants within all events.
- Terrific moisture-wicking tech shirts for all registered runners and volunteers.
- Chip timing & scoring with instant results published, here on RunRace.net for all participants.
- Awards in all events for top male & female finishers.
- Custom year-specific finisher pins for all participants who complete their event distance.
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with a with well-stocked aid station at the start / finish area.
- Afterward... join us for our post-race cookout with fun and surprises for all.
- Our racecourse is preapproved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County: permit pending
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods, Start / Finish area:
Linne Woods, Grove #2
6308 Dempster St, Morton Grove, IL 60053
GPS: 42.041010, -87.784550
(approximately 17 miles northwest of downtown Chicago)
Note: Note: Ample parking is available at Linne Woods grove, which is on the north side of Dempster St. For safety, we recommend that you approach Linne Woods grove while traveling a westerly direction on Dempster Street, then make a right turn into the parking lot.
Our 2017 Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods trail runs takes place entirely within Region 4: North Cook County, nearby the North Branch Trail system of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, in Morton Grove. Linne Woods, Grove #2 pavilion serves as race start / finish area and our aid station.
Terra Sans Pave is ideal for first-time trail runners, and those experienced runners looking to post a fast time for "not too technical" trail racing. A variety of surfaces make up the racecourse for Terra Sans Pave... crushed gravel, dirt and wood-chip paths comprise about 90% of the course, with sections traversing grassy fields. You'll cross two bridges on each lap, and even run along the river bank. There are no man-made obstacles, nor river crossings but conditions may be muddy especially with rainy weather in the week leading up to race day. Expect mostly smooth non-technical running, with occasional rocks & roots, and small slightly rolling hills. Each lap is 4 kilometers (~2½ miles) in length.
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods
Our Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods race is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||March 6th, 2017 2:34 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Terra 10-Mile||10.00||Miles||Sep 9th, 2017||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 8-Km||8.00||Kilometers||Sep 9th, 2017||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 4-Km||4.00||Kilometers||Sep 9th, 2017||9:00 am|
| ||Terathlon 8-Hour||8.00||Hours||Sep 9th, 2017||7:30 am|
| ||Terra Volunteer||8.00||Hours||Sep 9th, 2017||7:00 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698|