|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsOrdovician Fall
Sixth Annual Fall Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Monday November 5th - 9:30 am CST
Race week is upon us and we're looking forward to seeing all Paleozoic runners and volunteers this Saturday on the trails of Palos Park! During the course of this week two alert email messages will be sent to all registered participants. Alerts will include race-week details, rules of competition, and updated trail conditions. Please watch for these race alerts to arrive via email. All packet pickup will take place onsite at our start/finish area, Palos Park Woods-North on race morning, beginning at 7:30 am CST.
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Sag Valley Trail System within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Region 7. We've charted another stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our fall version of Paleozoic Trail Runs : Paleozoic-Ordovician, Saturday November 10, 2018. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration is set to open at noon on Thursday August 2nd 2018, here on our RunRace Network!
- your choice between our ultra distance of 50 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 25 kilometers
- space for 200 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 200 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events... it's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : )
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants
- finisher awards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize"
- awards in both events for top overall, top masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes
- special commemorative awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants)
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations occruing at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus unmanned station midpoint of course
- our course is approved by the Cook County Forest Preserve (permit pending) and will be policed at its road crossings
Our fall version of Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Ord takes place entirely within the Sag Valley Trail System, Region 7 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Palos Park Woods-North, Grove #1 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Fall, Start / Finish area:
Palos Park Woods-North
11307 Kean Ave
Palos Park, IL 60464
GPS: 41.680282, -87.843872
A variety of surfaces make up our Paleo-Carmb racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 90% of this course. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. These non-crushed gravel sections can be moderately rocky with the occasional stray root. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our course should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station at midpoint of our course. There will be four (4) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (~15.5 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Caambrian Fall
Paleozoic Trail Runs
South Racecourse Parking Map
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||August 2nd, 2018 11:17 am|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Ord 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Nov 10th, 2018||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Nov 10th, 2018||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Nov 10th, 2018||7:30 am|