|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsCambrian Spring II
Eighth Annual Spring Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Regions 6 / 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, it's "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our eighth annual spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs - Cambrian Spring II, Saturday March 21, 2020. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration is set to open at 4:00 pm CST on Thursday November 14th 2019, here on our RunRace Network!
- your choice between our ultra distance of 50 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 25 kilometers
- space for 200 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 200 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events... it's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : )
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants
- finisher awards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize"
- awards in both events for top overall, top masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes
- special commemorative awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants)
- special honorary race gifts for five-time and ten-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations occurring at ~7.775-mile intervals, plus unmanned station midpoint of course
- our course is pre-approved by the Cook County Forest Preserve (permit pending) and will be policed at its road crossings
Our spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Camb takes place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Pioneer Woods, Grove #2 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Cambrian Spring II, Start / Finish area:
Pioneer Woods, Grove #2
10218 107th St
Willow Springs, IL 60480
GPS: 41.695729, -87.868920
A variety of surfaces make up our north racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 75% of this course. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. The non-crushed gravel sections can be moderately rocky with the occasional stray root. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our course should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.775-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station at midpoint of our course. There will be two (2) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (~15.55 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Cambrian Spring II
Our North Racecourse Map
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||November 14th, 2019 3:51 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Camb 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Mar 21st, 2020||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Camb 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Mar 21st, 2020||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Camb Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Mar 21st, 2020||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomfirstname.lastname@example.org||312 316-4698 (cell)|