|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsOrdovician Fall II
Eighth Annual Fall Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Friday September 11th - 11:00 pm CDT
Under the guidelines of Restore Illinois Phase 4 our permit allows a maximum of 50 runners per day. We've met capacity for Saturday racing.
At this point we've suspended further runner registration. It's our intention to extend Paleozoic weekend racing to Sunday November 15th, however we have to clear our plans with the Forest Preserve District of Cook County before proceeding.
We've opened a Wait List for runners who missed out on Saturday registration but still want to be part of this fall's Paleo Ord-II race. It's possible, though unlikely, that some runners may opt out of Saturday racing, which could open spots for others. However, there's a better chance that a critical mass of 30+ runners might wait list for Sunday racing. If enough runners sign up for Sunday racing we'll apply for an extended permit and spread racing over both days of the weekend, Saturday and Sunday - November 14th & 15th.
There is no charge to register for our Paleozoic Wait List. Chronological order of registration will determine potential race participation as spots are available. Wait listers will be notified once they're eligible for race participation, and it will be their responsibility to fully register for their event distance and make payment to complete their race registration.
Watch this space for registration updates!
Friday September 11th - 10:00 pm CDT
With consideration to Coronavirus (COVID-19)...
Yes, there will be a Paleozoic Trail Runs this fall of 2020, but with precautionary measures to ensure safety for all runners, volunteers, spectators, and officials.
Let's meet on the trails, have a fun race, and be safe at this version of Paleozoic Trail Runs!
- This year's Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Fall II will be conducted under the guidelines of Restore Illinois Phase 4, as required by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County.
- Our permit allows a maximum capacity of 50 runners, which limits participation to the first 50 registrants combined across all event distances.
- All in attendance will be required to practice 6-feet social distancing, and wear facial coverings (while not running).
- We'll have basic personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand such as hand sanitizer, protective exam gloves, disinfecting wipes. We encourage participants to bring along their own PPE and facial coverings.
- There will be no runner self-serve at aid stations. Volunteers wearing facial masks and gloves will assist runners with hydration, nutrition, and aid.
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Regions 6 / 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, it's "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our eighth annual fall version of Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Fall II, Saturday November 14, 2020. For your adventure we will provide:
General public registration is set to open at 6:00 am on June 1, 2020, here on our RunRace Network!
- your choice between our ultra distance of 50 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 25 kilometers
- space for 200 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 200 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events... it's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : )
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants
- finisher awards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize"
- awards in both events for top overall, top masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes
- special commemorative awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants)
- special honorary race gifts for five-time and ten-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations occurring at ~7.775-mile intervals, plus unmanned station midpoint of course
- our course is pre-approved by the Cook County Forest Preserve (permit pending) and will be policed at its road crossings
Our fall version of Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Ord takes place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Pioneer Woods, Grove #2 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Fall II, Start / Finish area:
Pioneer Woods, Grove #2
10218 107th St
Willow Springs, IL 60480
GPS: 41.695729, -87.868920
A variety of surfaces make up our north racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 75% of this course. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. The non-crushed gravel sections can be moderately rocky with the occasional stray root. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our course should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.775-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station at midpoint of our course. There will be two (2) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (~15.55 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Fall II
Our North Racecourse Map
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||March 14th, 2020 2:10 pm|
|Last Update:||September 11th, 2020 9:45 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleozoic Wait List||1.00||Years||Nov 15th, 2020||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Nov 14th, 2020||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Nov 14th, 2020||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Nov 14th, 2020||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomfirstname.lastname@example.org||312 316-4698 (cell)|