|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Terra Sans Pave - Linne WoodsEarthbound Races in Unpaved Places!
Tuesday August 24th - 7:30 am CDT
Race week is upon us and we're looking forward to seeing all Terra runners this Saturday on the trails of Linne Woods! Participant check in and packet pick up will take place from 7:00 am to 8:45 am at our race start/finish location, Grove #2 (see map below). Parking is nearby, within steps of our start/finish pavilion. Please watch for our "race alert email," which will blast to all participants on race-eve by/before 8:00 pm, Friday August 27th, and will include race-day details, rules of competition, and updated trail conditions.
Sunday August 15th - 1:00 pm CDT
All systems go...
Our forest preserve permit has been approved and it's all systems go! Registration will be open until August 27th -or- capacity of 100 spots are filled. Be sure to register before noon, Wednesday August 18th to guarantee your shirt selection!
Monday April 5th - 11:00 pm CDT
With consideration to the we-hope-it's-waning Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic...
Yes, there will be a Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs this summer of 2021, but with precautionary measures to ensure safety for all runners, volunteers, spectators, and officials.
- This year's race will be conducted under the guidelines and precautions of Forest Preserve District of Cook County - COVID-19: Events, Locations & Precautions.
- Our permit allows a maximum capacity of 100 runners, which limits participation to the first 100 registrants combined across all event distances.
- All in attendance will be encouraged to practice 6-feet social distancing, and wear facial coverings while not running.
- We'll have basic personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand such as hand sanitizer, protective exam gloves, disinfecting wipes. We encourage participants to bring along their own PPE and facial coverings.
- Let's meet on the trails, have a fun race, and be safe!
Please join us for the eighth annual Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs - Linne Woods, Saturday August 28, 2021. For your racing adventure...
Registration opens on March 26th and lasts through 5:00 pm on Friday the day before race day, here on our RunRace Network. Due to permit restrictions we cannot offer race-day registration.
- Your choice between our traditional event distances of Big Lizard 10 Mile, 8 Kilometers, or a one-lap tour of 4 Kilometers.
- Returning for 2021... our Terathlon 8-Hour option for ultra-trail runners with a 7:30 am starting time.
- Space for 100 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 100 runners per day, which is a total combined count of participants within all events.
- Top-of-the-line colorful moisture-wicking tech shirts for all runners and volunteers.
- Chip timing & scoring with instant Results and Webcast updates, here on RunRace.net.
- Awards in all events for top male & female finishers.
- Custom year-specific finisher pins for all participants who complete their event distance.
- Special heavy medal awards for Terathlon 8-Hour runners who tally more than 26.2-plus miles.
- Pint-glass top-team awards for swiftest 3-runner Big Lizard 10-Milers, and 2-person Terathlon 8-Hour teams.
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with a with well-stocked aid station at the start / finish area.
- Afterward... join us for our post-race cookout with fun and surprises for all.
- Our racecourse is preapproved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County: permit approved!
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods, Start / Finish area:
Linne Woods, Grove #2
6308 Dempster St, Morton Grove, IL 60053
GPS: 42.043708, -87.784408
(approximately 17 miles northwest of downtown Chicago)
Note: Ample parking is available at Linne Woods grove, which is on the north side of Dempster St. For safety, we recommend that you approach Linne Woods grove while traveling a westerly direction on Dempster Street, then make a right turn into the parking lot.
Our Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs - Linne Woods trail runs takes place entirely within Region 4: North Cook County, nearby the North Branch Trail system of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, in Morton Grove. Linne Woods, Grove #2 pavilion serves as race start / finish area and our aid station.
Terra Sans Pave is ideal for first-time trail runners, and those experienced runners looking to post a fast time for "not too technical" trail racing. A variety of surfaces make up the racecourse for Terra Sans Pave... crushed gravel, dirt and wood-chip paths comprise about 90% of the course, with sections traversing grassy fields. You'll cross two bridges on each lap, and even run along the river bank. There are no man-made obstacles, nor river crossings but conditions may be muddy especially with rainy weather in the week leading up to race day. Expect mostly smooth non-technical running, with occasional rocks & roots, and small slightly rolling hills. Each lap is 2˝ miles (~4 kilometers) in length.
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Our Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||April 5th, 2021 10:39 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Terathlon 8-Hour||8.00||Hours||Aug 28th, 2021||7:30 am|
| ||Terra 10-Mile||10.00||Miles||Aug 28th, 2021||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 8-Km||8.00||Kilometers||Aug 28th, 2021||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 4-Km||4.00||Kilometers||Aug 28th, 2021||9:00 am|
| ||Terra Volunteer||8.00||Hours||Aug 28th, 2021||7:00 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|