|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsCarboniferous Spring II
Tenth Annual Spring Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Regions 6 / 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, it's "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our tenth annual spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs - Carboniferous Spring II, Saturday March 19, 2022. For your adventure we will provide:
General public registration is set to open at 6:00 am on Friday December 10th, 2021 here on our RunRace Network!
- Your choice of event distance... 50 kilometers or 25 kilometers.
- Space for 180 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 180 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events. It's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : ).
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations / checkpoints occurring each lap at 7.775-mile intervals.
- Chip timing & scoring with RunRace Webcasting and near realtime Results for all runners.
- Paleozoic Trail Runs Finisher Medals with colorful Lanyards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize."
- Special Customized Crystal awards to Top Overall and Top Masters runners for both sexes in each event.
- Age Group "Made the Podium" pint glass awards to top finishers in 10-year divisions for both sexes in each event.
- Way-to-go "My First Ultra" pint glass awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants).
- Well-earned "Five-Time Finisher" zipper-draw-string shoe bag for 5-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Extremely well-earned "Ten-Time Finisher" pint glass awards for 10-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Only once ever-earned "Fifteen-Time Finisher" ball cap in your choice of black or maroon for 15-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Our racecourse is pre-approved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County (permit
Sunday March 13th - 9:30 am CDT
Race week is upon us and we're looking forward to seeing all Paleozoic runners and volunteers this Saturday at the Palos Trail System, Forest Preserve District of Cook County! During the course of this week two email alert messages will be sent to all registered participants. Alerts will include race-week details, rules of competition, and updated trail conditions. Please watch for these race alerts to arrive via email. All packet pickup will take place onsite at our start/finish area, Pioneer Woods, Grove #2 on race morning, beginning at 7:30 am CST.
Wednesday March 2nd - 4:00 pm CST
We're expecting racecourse permit approval this week.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Carboniferous Spring II will take place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Pioneer Woods, Grove #2 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Carboniferous Spring II, Start / Finish area:
Pioneer Woods, Grove #2
10218 107th St
Willow Springs, IL 60480
GPS: 41.695729, -87.868920
A variety of surfaces make up our Paleozoic north racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 40% of this course. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. The non-crushed gravel sections can be more-than-moderately rocky with occasional stray roots. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our Paleozoic racecourse should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.77-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station near midpoint of each half-lap. There will be two (2) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (~15.53 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Carboniferous Spring II
Our North Racecourse Map
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||December 8th, 2021 3:27 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Carb 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Mar 19th, 2022||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Carb 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Mar 19th, 2022||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Carb Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Mar 19th, 2022||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698 (cell)|