|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsDevonian Spring II
Eleventh Annual Spring Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Regions 6 / 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, it's "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our eleventh annual spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Spring II, Saturday March 18, 2022. For your adventure we will provide:
General public registration is set to open at 8:00 am on Friday November 18th, 2022 here on our RunRace Network!
- Your choice of event distance... 50 kilometers or 25 kilometers.
- Space for 180 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 180 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events. It's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : ).
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations / checkpoints occurring each lap at 7.775-mile intervals.
- Chip timing & scoring with RunRace Webcasting and near realtime Results for all runners.
- Paleozoic Trail Runs Finisher Medals with colorful Lanyards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize."
- Special Customized Crystal awards to Top Overall and Top Masters runners for both sexes in each event.
- Age Group "Made the Podium" pint glass awards to top finishers in 10-year divisions for both sexes in each event.
- Way-to-go "My First Ultra" pint glass awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants).
- Well-earned "Five-Time Finisher" zipper-draw-string shoe bag for 5-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Extremly well-earned "Ten-Time Finisher" pint glass awards for 10-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Only twice ever-earned "Fifteen-Time Finisher" ball cap in your choice of black or maroon for 15-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Our racecourse is pre-approved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County (permit pending ).
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Spring II will take place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Pioneer Woods, Grove #2 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Spring II, Start / Finish area:
Pioneer Woods, Grove #2
10218 107th St
Willow Springs, IL 60480
GPS: 41.695729, -87.868920
A variety of surfaces make up our Paleozoic north racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 40% of this course. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. The non-crushed gravel sections can be more-than-moderately rocky with occasional stray roots. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our Paleozoic racecourse should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.77-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station near midpoint of each half-lap. There will be two (2) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (~15.53 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Spring II
Our North Racecourse Map
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||November 17th, 2022 2:44 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Dev 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Mar 18th, 2023||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Dev 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Mar 18th, 2023||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Dev Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Mar 18th, 2023||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698 (cell)|