|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
|Attention... an updated or future version of this listing may exist. Click for more info: Terra Sans Pave - 2021|
Terra Sans Pave - Linne WoodsEarthbound Races in Unpaved Places!
Tuesday August 25th - 8:00 am CDT
Race week is upon us and we're looking forward to seeing all Terra runners this Saturday and Sunday, at the forest preserves of Linne Woods!
For each runner "Day of Participation" assignments are available through our "Who's Registered" listing (click button under "Registration" tab).
Online registration may be open until Friday 6:00 pm CDT. Depending upon daily capacities of 50 runners maximum we may have Sunday limited onsite race-day registration at runner check-in, near our race start / finish area, Linne Woods, Grove #2... no guarantee on shirt availability.
Friday by/before 7:00 pm... a race-day email alert message will be sent to all registered participants. This alert will include race-day details, rules of competition, and last-minute instructions. Please keep an eye open for arrival of your email alert.
All packet pickup will take place onsite at our start/finish area, beginning at 6:45 am CDT. Terathlon 8-Hour will commence at 7:30 am. Big Lizard 10-Mile and Terra 8-Km will start at 9:00 am!
Friday August 21st - 8:00 am CDT - Registration Reopened for Sunday Racing!
Our permit request has been approved to extend racing into Sunday August 30th, which allows for an additional 50 runners. We've reopened Registration for runners who'd like to participate on Sunday. Those who signed up on our Terra Wait List have registration priority into their desired event.
Sunday event starting times will match Saturday's... 7:30 am for Terathlon 8-Hour; 9:00 am for Big Lizard 10-Mile and Terra 8-Km.
If you registerd prior to August 18th, or at point of registration were not prompted to choose a Day of Participation, you're automatically set for Saturday racing. If you're a Saturday runner and would like to switch to Sunday, please email your request by/before Tuesday August 25th.
Watch this space for further updates!
Tuesday August 18th - 8:00 am CDT
Under the guidelines of Restore Illinois Phase 4 our permit allows a maximum of 50 runners per day. We've met capacity for Saturday racing.
We've opened a Wait List for runners who missed out on Saturday registration but still want to be part of this year's Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs. It's possible, though unlikely that some runners may opt out of Saturday racing, which could open spots for others. However, there's a better chance that a critical mass of 30+ runners might wait list for Sunday racing. If enough runners sign up for Sunday racing we'll apply for an extended permit and spread racing over both days of the weekend, Saturday and Sunday - August 29th & 30th.
There is no charge to register for our Terra Wait List. Chronological order of registration will determine potential race participation as spots are available. Wait listers will be notified once they're eligible for race participation, and it will be their responsibility to make payment and complete their race registration. Watch this space for registration updates!
Wednesday July 15th - 10:00 am CDT
With consideration to Coronavirus (COVID-19)...
Yes, there will be a Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs this summer of 2020, but with precautionary measures to ensure safety for all runners, volunteers, spectators, and officials.
- This year's race will be conducted under the guidelines of Restore Illinois Phase 4, as required by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County.
- Our permit allows a maximum capacity of 50 runners, which limits participation to the first 50 registrants combined across all event distances.
- All in attendance will be required to practice 6-feet social distancing, and wear facial coverings (while not running).
- We'll have basic personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand such as hand sanitizer, protective exam gloves, disinfecting wipes. We encourage participants to bring along their own PPE and facial coverings.
- Let's meet on the trails, have a fun race, and be safe!
Please join us for the seventh annual Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs - Linne Woods, Saturday August 29, 2020. For your racing adventure...
Registration opens on March 26th and lasts through 6:00 pm on Friday the day before race day, here on our RunRace Network. Due to permit restrictions we cannot offer race-day registration.
- Your choice between our traditional event distances of Big Lizard 10 Mile, 8 Kilometers, or a one-lap tour of 4 Kilometers.
- Returning for 2020... our Terathlon 8-Hour option for ultra-trail runners with a 7:30 am starting time.
- Space for 150 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 150 registrants~~> 50 runners per day, which is a total combined count of participants within all events.
- Top-of-the-line colorful moisture-wicking tech shirts for all runners and volunteers.
- Chip timing & scoring with instant Results and Webcast updates, here on RunRace.net.
- Awards in all events for top male & female finishers.
- Custom year-specific finisher pins for all participants who complete their event distance.
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with a with well-stocked aid station at the start / finish area.
- Afterward... join us for our post-race cookout with fun and surprises for all.
- Our racecourse is preapproved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County: permit pending
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods, Start / Finish area:
Linne Woods, Grove #2
6308 Dempster St, Morton Grove, IL 60053
GPS: 42.041010, -87.784550
(approximately 17 miles northwest of downtown Chicago)
Note: Ample parking is available at Linne Woods grove, which is on the north side of Dempster St. For safety, we recommend that you approach Linne Woods grove while traveling a westerly direction on Dempster Street, then make a right turn into the parking lot.
Our Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs - Linne Woods trail runs takes place entirely within Region 4: North Cook County, nearby the North Branch Trail system of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, in Morton Grove. Linne Woods, Grove #2 pavilion serves as race start / finish area and our aid station.
Terra Sans Pave is ideal for first-time trail runners, and those experienced runners looking to post a fast time for "not too technical" trail racing. A variety of surfaces make up the racecourse for Terra Sans Pave... crushed gravel, dirt and wood-chip paths comprise about 90% of the course, with sections traversing grassy fields. You'll cross two bridges on each lap, and even run along the river bank. There are no man-made obstacles, nor river crossings but conditions may be muddy especially with rainy weather in the week leading up to race day. Expect mostly smooth non-technical running, with occasional rocks & roots, and small slightly rolling hills. Each lap is 2½ miles (~4 kilometers) in length.
Terra Sans Pave - Linne Woods
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Our Terra Sans Pave Trail Runs is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||March 23rd, 2020 3:10 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Terra 10-Mile||10.00||Miles||Aug 29th, 2020||9:00 am|
| ||Terra 8-Km||8.00||Kilometers||Aug 29th, 2020||9:00 am|
| ||Terathlon 8-Hour||8.00||Hours||Aug 29th, 2020||7:30 am|
| ||Terra Volunteer||8.00||Hours||Aug 29th, 2020||7:00 am|
| ||Terra 4-Km||4.00||Kilometers||Aug 29th, 2020||9:00 am|
| ||Terra Wait List||1.00||Years||Aug 30th, 2020||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|