|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsDevonian Fall II
Ninth Annual Fall Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Regions 6 / 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, it's "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our ninth annual fall version of Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Fall II, Saturday November 13, 2021. For your adventure we will provide:
General public registration is set to open at 6:00 am on Wednesday July 28th, 2021 here on our RunRace Network!
- Your choice of event distance... 50 kilometers or 25 kilometers.
- Space for 99 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 99 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events. It's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : ).
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations / checkpoints occurring each lap at 7.775-mile intervals.
- Chip timing & scoring with RunRace Webcasting and near realtime Results for all runners.
- Paleozoic Trail Runs Finisher Medals with colorful Lanyards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize."
- Special Customized Crystal awards to Top Overall and Top Masters runners for both sexes in each event.
- Age Group "Made the Podium" pint glass awards to top finishers in 10-year divisions for both sexes in each event.
- Way-to-go "My First Ultra" pint glass awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants).
- Well-earned "Five-Time Finisher" zipper-draw-string shoe bag for 5-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Extremly well-earned "Ten-Time Finisher" pint glass awards for 10-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Our racecourse is pre-approved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County (permit pending).
Sunday July 25th - 4:00 pm CDT
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Devonian Fall II will take place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 -or- Sag Valley Trail System, Region 7 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, both of which are located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago.
For our November 2021 race... way back on April 7th we submitted a new racecourse to the Forest Preserve permitting office. Once approved our upcoming fall version map will be published here, under "Race Detail". Meanwhile, the map below shows our most recently completed, 2021 Spring Racecourse Map.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - 2021 Spring Racecourse Map
A variety of surfaces make up this Paleozoic racecourse. Rugged single-track dirt trails with rocks and roots comprise approximately 50% of each lap. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of wider crushed gravel paths, occasional cross-country-style grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. Compared to others in greater Chicagoland, this course should be considered as "quite hilly and rugged." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day.
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||July 25th, 2021 3:48 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Dev 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Nov 13th, 2021||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Dev 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Nov 13th, 2021||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Dev Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Nov 13th, 2021||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698 (cell)|